As a Senior Principal Tech Lead I actively participated in DB/middleware/app tuning performance capacity assessments and implementation of the recommended enhancements. At (BoA) my primary goal was to position our online trade application site on the top benchmark charts. When I came on board at (BoA), the application was within the 300s position as bench-marketed by Gomez (a financial benchmarking firm) back then. After the whole application/middleware/ and back-end tuning performance and enhancements were implemented, the application earned 1) position top 25 on response time and 2) position top 10 on availability.
Day-to-Day Operations and activities performed:
- Full operational responsibility for database environment and technologies with hands on daily operations.
- Create new and enhanced existing process and policy changes to enforce proper application change control management processes.
- Designed and modeled several DSS/reporting systems off the corporate' standbys Data warehouse (using logical standbys partitioning and both models start and snow flake schemas) to off-load and obtain higher performance on the transactional dbms systems.
- Manage and lead geographically dispersed staff of differing cultures including 7 offshore developers and support engineers based out of London, Bangalore, Romania, and Istanbul and coordinate efforts with data center managers on New Jersey, Chicago, and Santa Clara.
- Responsible for the development and support of the database environment that supports Bank's brokerage transactional website.
- Experience dealing with market data providers, i.e. Morningstar, Lipper, Reuters, and S&P. Financial systems knowledge with brokerage and clearing business (National Financial Services), Broadridge.
- Responsible for the DB development and support of the bank accounts conversion and merger.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts between all teams with in house resources and outsourcing consultants and major vendor such as Oracle, Sun, several other hosting providers.
- Coordinate and track project with MS-projects, additionally meet on regular basis with PMs and Management to report on going progress overall.
- Tech Lead and Architect for the 9i to 10g migration for all the corporate databases for both RAC and none RAC environments. Also teach lead for the upgrades from 10gR2 to 11gR2.
- Lead RAC project of 2 nodes, 3 databases with ASM and DataGuard; Oracle 10gR 2, on Solaris 10. And responsible for all major dbs synchronization across the globe implementations using GoldenGate technology
- Responsible for assuring the implementation of all database products and technologies such as Oracle RBMS, Applications, Grid Control, Oracle Exadata 2, Oracle EBS (11i/12i) MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- I also, worked with our clients as a DBA/Tech Lead consultant on Oracle Exadata 2 and help them in data migration and performance tuning procedures
- Responsible for assuring that all the database systems were up to date with most current Oracle's CPUs and coordinated with SAs assuring all O.S patches update were successfully tested and deployed.
- Coordinate meetings with teams on-going basis to discuss enhancements to database environment, issues such as security and proper use of database accounts.
- Develop detailed documentation such a DBA run book with focus primarily on DBA routine functions for successfully maintaining the corporate databases proactively.
- Coordinate and tutor teammates to effectively use all vendor support resources available to proper utilized support with different levels and prioritization.
Additional accomplishments and comments:
My excellence performance along with that of my team's, we made the application very user friendly and reliable, so along with BoA's $0 online trade campaign, and because of this the deposit cash rate went up about 80% globally for BoA placing it as one of the biggest financial institution in the world.
I also was big contributor and collaborator for the Online Brokerage Technology at Bank of America Corporation one of the world's largest financial institutions, where my responsibilities included assisted (as a contractor) with design, development, deployment, and ongoing operational management for web based transactional system applications and hardware infrastructure generating over $100 million in annual revenues. I was also part (collaborator, contractor) of the senior management team that led the conversion and integration of online brokerage systems for two of the largest clearing platform conversion in the history of the brokerage industry to date. During my over 5 years at Bank of America, I held a series of senior management contractor/roles serving as Application Programming Executive, Vice President of Technology Operations, and Manager of Business Development & Planning for Electronic Services division focused on the distribution of products and services through the online channels
Environment: OLTP and DSS system DBs sized from 150Gs up to 4.1 TBs running on Oracle 9iR2, 10gR2, 11gR2; Oracle10gAS, Oracle Exadata v1/2, Solaris 9/10, PH-UX, Linux Novell SuSe and Red Hat; 3PAR InServ T800, EMC Clariion X3 M80, Hitachi AMS, 500, 2100, 2300